Saturday, June 6, 2009

In The Stars

Well it's in the stars.  I don't know what I was freaking out about but according to the BabyCenter.org Horoscope, Matt and I will be AWESOME parents!  Aren't we so lucky to know all of this ahead of time?  I guess you all can come visit before we send Little B off to college :-)  

Please Please Read on... (Keep in mind: I'm a Capricorn and Matt's a Taurus)

You two make a dedicated and practical parenting team, clear about the ways in which you will raise your children, and firm in your conviction that your offspring will amount to something (he better! I'm saving up for Harvard ok). With a work ethic like this, your sons and daughters will know what the rules are and that consequences will clearly follow if and when rules are broken (rubber hose or leather belt, you pick.  I'm kidding!). Of the two of you, the Taurus parent is more gentle and approachable, if perhaps a bit indulgent and a lot stubborn. The Capricorn parent, on the other hand, may be more worldly-wise and able to guide children through life's harder lessons (hmm, maybe I should figure out what lessons I've learned thus far...). 

One danger in this combination is the risk of placing more importance on money or work than on the family. At the end of the day, the people who will benefit most from your strength, determination, and devotion will be those who are closest to you. 

Phew.  OK.  So now that we know we will be able to guide our little man when he's older.  I guess I can check that off my list.

Now all I have to do is figure out what I need to get for the nursery...

(I'm thinking, what a wonderful occupation:  If someone could go and register for me - versus Matt and I standing in Babies R Us scratching our heads...I would definitely pay good money for that service!)  

1 comment:

  1. I was raised by two Capricorns and look at me! Although I def agree w/ importance on the money, that's how I ended up in law school, dammit. Am I too old to blame my problems on my parents?

    Also why don't we just print out someone else's registry to get ideas! Preferably someone who researched what babies need?

    ReplyDelete