Well we made it to and from Utah in one piece! Just an FYI for everyone out there. Don't get on the small planes. I could barely shut the door to go to the bathroom! Not to mention there was only ONE bathroom.
Anyway...
Nephews wedding weekend went off without a hitch. It was great to see everyone and hang out with my family. Since we are all so spread apart its not so easy to get together, but when we do...it's nothing but parties! No really. The last couple of times I was in Utah was for a celebration of some sort. Maybe we should just go up there to hang out for a change...what a novel concept!
Friday:
We landed, got collected by my brother-in-law and posse. I suspect they were just riding along for the promised Cevapi but they claim that that wasn't the case :-) sure sure...
First stop was an AMAZING deli in downtown Salt Lake called Caputos. This deli has the best sandwiches i've ever had on the west coast. Oh and did i mention that the portions mostly fed everyone (all the Amazons plus Geoff, Matt and myself), with the exception of my 7 foot tall nephew who ate our pesto salad and my other nephews left over baclava. This place is a must for anyone going to the area.
Second stop was Decades, a vintage shop so Matt could do some shopping/work. He bought two pairs of pants that have a really cool design on them.
Third stop was my sisters house. Yay! Home! (My feet were the size of melons by this point). We basically just hung out here the rest of the day and helped my sister get set-up for the rehearsal dinner at her house the following day.
Saturday:
Woke up and had breakfast with my sister's mom (Jasna) and step-dad (Miro). Matt found a new soccer buddy for the next time we go to Europe. Matt and Miro probably talked about soccer for a good 1 1/2 hours...maybe more. Jasna and I were trying to follow along but pretty much gave up part way through and drank our Turkish coffee instead. Men and their soccer.
In the afternoon Jared (the one getting married) and Ira (his soon-to-be-wife) had their Yale friends over at my sisters house for some food and hangouts. In between helping Miro on the grill Matt would run over and play this bean bag game with my nephews. I made an attempt and sorely sucked at it so i went back in the house to the "woman's work." :-) Hey, somebody had to try all the desserts and food and make sure it wasn't poisonous!
Saturday night, got to meet all of Ira's family from all over the world. Albania, Netherlands, Massachusetts, etc. Everyone had a good time and the food was mostly gone, which is always a good sign! After dinner, my littlest nephews and niece and her man Geoff began shooting off fireworks for us. It was so nice just sitting in the front yard with no one else around having your own private 4th of July show!
Sunday:
Wedding day! Everyone was running around like chickens with their heads cut off - except for matt and myself of course. All we had to do was just show up right? WRONG. I had to cut out little tent cards with peoples names on them and then fold the cards as well without smearing the ink. Oh well. i was the only person in the house with enough patience to sit there and make it perfect.
Here's a brief overview of the rest of the day...
drive, sit around, wedding ceremony, wedding hors d' oeuvres, pictures, wedding reception, food, more food, and some more food, first dance, everyone dancing and leaving.
Two things i am proud of on Sunday. I didn't look too huge in my dress, in fact i think i looked pretty good for being prego. second, i played match maker with one of Ira's cousins and my nephew. I feel so accomplished. :-)
Monday:
Leave for airport. so sad to go. wanted to stay another week and just hang out.
got home and slept for the majority of the day. I think we had pizza and frozen yogurt in there somewhere but i really don't remember i was so tired.
Another fantastic mini-vacation that you wish you could extend and make it into a longer vacation...oh well. At least we got some pictures...
Matt and I before the wedding started. I look very puffy in all these pics. My puffyness has calmed down since I got home...thank god!
During reception...I think Matt has had two beers by this picture. Look at that smile! Someone is definitely having fun!!
My beautiful niece Ashley and her giant brother Justin. Jordan is somewhere chatting it up with the ladies. He didn't have any time for my pictures... :-)
The beautiful couple, Jared Hamilton and Ira Baci (now Hamilton). Matt and I made sure we clanked our glasses A LOT. Hey, payback is a bitch...
Again, my gorgeous niece Ashley and pregnant me. Still puffy... ;-)
My nephew Justin and my brother Nick. Can you tell which one is the college Freshman? :-)
(I think Jordan is in the background of this one chatting it up with...a girl of course!)



Hey!!! We would love for you guys to come for a visit here. Anytime you are welcome. I really wanna see you before you have this baby. I'm gonna be home for a week in August for my brothers wedding so if things arent to crazy maybe the boys and I could come by ad say hii and see your cute preggy self. Ill be in touch.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty!
ReplyDelete