There actually was a reason for traveling all the way to Utah in what is now fondly known as: Dante's Inferno. We went to watch my gorgeous niece, Ashley, marry the man of her dreams! Geoff and Ashley met while attending Eastern Washington University. She was a volleyball star and he a track legend. And now they are just husband and wife, doomed to pay mortgages and taxes like the rest of us poor - well never mind. On to happier thoughts!
The weekend was fantastic. We arrived Thursday evening to a fairly chaotic house packed with people and animals (my sister is also a zoo keeper, like myself). We ate dinner, talked for awhile and of course everyone wanted to hold Marek. I was a little worried that Marek would steal Ashley's thunder, but she was the one who probably held him the most!
Marek kept pulling his bangs and laughing!
Friday morning greeted us with more chaos. It seemed like everyone was flying in and pick-ups all had to be coordinated and then straight to the wedding rehearsal. We were in charge of the music along with my brother, Nick, while Sue was the unofficial wedding planner directing everyone when to walk. It was pretty funny trying to figure everything out. I think at one point Ashley just wanted to wing it, but Larry wouldn't let her. I think she gets that trait from the Senkovich side. I've definitely 'winged it' and 'gone with the flow' on more than one occasion. After the rehearsal we headed over to THE BEST deli on the West Coast: Caputo's. So good. Makes my mouth water just to think of it. Must remember to get a cannoli next time...
The rehearsal dinner that night was great. We got to meet Geoff's family and friends and everyone seemed to have a good time. I mostly hung out by the food...what a shocker, I know.
Dun dun dun-dun. Wedding bells! It's Saturday, the day of Ashley's wedding. Of course things are left to the last minute this day so scrambling and racing around was the theme of the morning. Once the ceremony began it was smooth sailing. The location was at a place called Red Butte Gardens. It was such a beautiful backdrop and of course, my niece looked stunning! Ok, Geoff looked pretty handsome too.
Marek wasn't happy until...
Mama brought out the toys!
My niece, Ashley and her dad, Larry
You may now kiss the bride!
Someone LOVES his Auntie Tami!
This is the BEST wedding cake I've ever had! I had to take a picture.
Mi Familia...thanks for the bunny ears Nick!
The Boyaners!
Tried to re-create a picture here. Didn't quite work. (My sister, Tami, has a picture in her wedding dress holding me. I was 5 months old.)
Sunday was our final day together as a family and my sister Natasha's birthday! So we had a really nice dinner and mostly just relaxed. Oh wait. I almost forgot, the MEN were all ATTACHED to the TV to watch the World Cup final Netherlands v. Spain. Sunday was also the day that Marek claim was the start of his pool shark days. Sorry Uncle Larry. I know you love that pool table, but Marek loves it too! I have a video of Marek on the pool table and it clearly shows who put him up there and egged him on. I was just the camera man. Well someone had to capture this injustice!
It was Tati's idea! It was Tati's idea!
Finally Monday. A sad day. We leave Utah in the afternoon for our long journey back to Cali. I was really sad to leave. Until next time!
Marek mooning us on the ride home ;-)

















No comments:
Post a Comment