Sunday, May 10, 2009

Red-Headed Step Children

I've blogged about Baby B, Gabby and Bruiser so its only fair I write about our oldest family members - Mossi, aka Mushy Cat and Kika, aka Kika Jones

You are probably wondering why I've titled this blog "Red-Headed Step Children?" Well, this is probably how out cats refer to themselves. Let me explain.

Back before we got Gabby, Mossi and Kika had run of the house and all of our attention. They would lounge everywhere and get attention from everyone who came to visit. Kika and Mossi were Queens of the Castle. And then the dreaded dog appeared, the gate went up and now there are skirmishes for "no man's land."

When we brought Gabby home, had this dream that Mossi and Gabby would be best of friends. They are both really sweet personalities and of course, my favorites. Kika I knew would always have a problem. She's daddy's little girl. Actually she's any man's little girl. Always has been.

Well as you can imagine and to my disappointment, dogs and cats have not had much interaction. The occasional chase is about it. The cats mostly lounge around in the office and occasionally in the bedroom. (This will of course change once we are in the house with the baby)

Maybe the dogs see the crazy quirks that our cats possess and just can't be friends...

Some quirks of Mossi: she loves to follow me to the bathroom. I'll be in there and she'll be rubbing up against me the whole time expecting me to pet her when all I really want to do is concentrate on what I'm trying to do :-). Another little quirk, she rubs up against you and then throws herself on the ground and in essence does a ground pound (seriously, the floor rattles) and sticks her feet in the air. Crazy little cat. :-)

Some quirks of Kika: she will sit on top of the key board while Matt is trying to work and try to get Matt's attention - thus driving him absolutely crazy, especially when she changes the font or closes his program. Her other quirk. She will be purring and happy one minute and then turn around and rip your finger off the next with her razor sharp teeth. Matt calls it a love bite. I call it crazy.

I always tell people they can take my cats when ever someone brings up wanting to own a cat, but the truth is, I would be really sad if we didn't have them. They really do add so much to our crazy zoo and I'm sure one day soon Gabby and Mossi will be the best of friends. Who knows maybe we'll all one day tune into Animal Planet to watch their reality show... maybe Kika Jones can be their agent and Bruiser will be the body guard. :-)

Mossi


Kika


No comments:

Post a Comment